Tuesday, June 9, 2020

2020 Reading: Invisible

#7 The first book you touch on a shelf with your eyes closed


Surprisingly, this prompt was not as easy as it looked. Since I work in a library, I am very familiar with the shelves and picking one "at random" wouldn't really be random for me. So I had to find another way of making it random. I had a friend of mine answers some questions that would lead me to an unknown book and no matter what it was, I would read it. The questions and answers went as follows:

Backward or forwards? Backward
Any number 1-16? 13
Any number 1-5? 3
Left or right? Left
Head, shoulders, knees, or toes? Shoulders

So, using the answers, I started at the back row, moved 13 shelves backward, took three steps into the stack, turned to my left and stuck my hand out shoulder height to touch a random book. Easy enough.

I've never read anything by James Patterson before, and from what I hear, I still haven't. I think I'll just give all credit to David Ellis in this instance since that's how things usually work now. The book was a fast read and had an interesting plot with an ending that I honestly did not see coming. So, all-in-all, I would consider this a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment