Tuesday, December 10, 2019

2019 Reading: Fellowship of the Ring

#5 A book with at least one million ratings on Goodreads


Despite my better judgement, I decided to give this one a try. I really don't enjoy his writing style and am not the biggest fan of fantasy to begin with, but I stuck with it. IT TOOK ME FOREVER BECAUSE I JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OF IT!

Dear God, just shut up!!!! You throw out all of these names of people and places that have no context and instead of creating an epic fantasy world that I want to live in, you just confuse me more and make me want to shoot everyone with one of Legolas's arrows and then throw myself into Mount Doom because this is boring as SHIT!!!

Why am I still reading this, you may ask? Because I hate myself. And I am a completion-ist. I started it. Must finish. But I really don't want to read the other ones and I don't think I will. It's just too much. There are a million other things I would rather read and I just don't have the patience to sit through two more of these abominations of "classic literature."

I started it in May...

It is now December...

No comments:

Post a Comment