Thursday, April 9, 2015

2015 Reading: A Man Lay Dead

So, there is a story to why I started reading this series that's sort of like if Agatha Christie wrote Sherlock Holmes books...

Benedict Cumberbatch.

I set about getting any and all books that he read aloud for the audio books and there are three of them from this series. I ended up liking the stories as well as the voice telling them, so I decided to read them in order.

Before I found out there are 32 of them...

But, I still decided to press on and this was the first one.

The writing can be a little hard to follow in some places because they tend to introduce a whole bunch of characters at the same time, and also because the post WWI British dialogue can be a little daunting to someone from the states, but other than that I do enjoy the books.

The main character is almost as rude as Sherlock, but makes more jokes and actually has feelings most of the time.

I look forward to reading more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment