Tuesday, April 26, 2016

2016 Reading: Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship With a Remarkable Man

#15 A book written by a celebrity


I think one of the things that surprised me the most about this book was how little I actually knew about Leonard Nimoy. Now, I have read BOTH of his autobiographies (I Am Not Spock and I Am Spock respectively) but some of the stories featured in this book are completely new to me. Maybe that’s because it was some things that Leonard would have rather forgotten but the point is that it took someone ELSE writing about it for me to know these things.

I don’t really know what I expected about this book. Most of it was a compare and contrast between Shatner and Nimoy. Some of the comparisons were very interesting and others I think were merely so Bill could fill up some space. That sounds harsh. I don’t know. All I know is that some of the things in this book made me sad and some of them made me very happy. I always like to hear about anything that has to do with Star Trek and this was all of that and more. There was so much that I didn’t know about Leonard. I have never really gone and looked at his body of work before or after Star Trek, but from what I have since learned, it was vast and varied.


I love that there was so many things he did in his life besides acting and I hope that someday I can see his photography or even read some of his poetry. He was a very brilliant man and it was really sad when he just couldn’t hold on anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment