Monday, October 16, 2017

2017 Reading: The Odyssey

#52 A book based on mythology


This is another one of those books that I was SUPPOSED to read in high school, but never did. You know, I honestly think our teacher just let us watch the movie and we never actually read it. We seemed to do that a lot at my school.

You know, if you were to cut out all of the literal word-for-word repetition in this story, it would go a LOT quicker. I swear, most of the book was just the same words over and over and over again.

Also, did people really used to treat each other like that? All "Welcome stranger whom we don't know, please eat with us and rest and only then tell us who you are and what's up. Of COURSE you're not a murderer or anything. Let my women rub oil on you and take some of my clothes and gold! Want a car to take you where you want to go? HERE!" Seriously, can we go back to that? I want to be welcomed into rich people's houses before they even know my name and give me free things.

No comments:

Post a Comment