Wednesday, June 16, 2021

2021 Reading: In a Dark, Dark Wood

 #29 A book with a black-and-white cover

Once again, I went into this with no knowledge of the plot or anything (I like doing that sometimes, it spices things up). I expected some intrigue, some backstabbing, maybe some mystery...

...What I was not expecting was the most cliche book ever written about teenage female drama ever. The plot was lackluster and predictable. The "action" was bizarre, over-the-top, and unnecessary. And the conclusion was disappointing and unfulfilling.

I checked on some sites to see what other people had to say and I found that many people shared my opinion of the book. It was well-written, but there was just something lacking when it came to plot and characters that could have made the story so much better.

Can't all be winners, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment