Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2015 Reading: Dirty Secret

Officially, this book is called Dirty Secret: A Daughter Comes Clean About Her Mother's Compulsive Hoarding, but you can see how that would be a mouthful to say all the time.

It is no secret that I love all of those hoarder shows that they play on TV (being I not-so-secretly enjoy other people's pain, especially stupid people), and this book was just up my alley. I know that compulsive hoarding is a medical condition (I suspected I was in the early stages when I was younger) but it is still one of the more ridiculous and laughable ones sometimes. I know it's not funny for the people who have it, but still... Don't judge me.

I liked this book. So much so that I put it in my recommendation display at the library in which I work.

On a completely different note, I have decided to not read the rest of the the Dollanger Family series (Flowers in the Attic, etc.) because I find that I just don't care any more. Plus, I made a promise that I would read the books I actually own and have been sitting on my shelves unread for years. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment