Tuesday, August 25, 2015

2015 Reading: Twisted

I DEVOURED this book.

I started reading it on my lunch break at work and the next thing I knew, I was 50 pages in. Then I came home and basically swallowed the rest.

This book was funny and heartbreaking and dark and I loved it.

There's something about stream of consciousness narration that makes things seems real. I know that it denotes an unreliable narrator and you only get to see one side of things that are going on, but I loved being in this kid's head.

And it didn't end all rainbows and puppies and shit. It just ended. Life was not suddenly better all around for everyone, but there was hope and then nothing. It left it open to whatever and I really liked that.

This author has done that before with me. I really enjoyed Speak and this was sort of in the same vein, only a lot funnier and more outgoing.

No comments:

Post a Comment