Wednesday, September 2, 2015

2015 Reading: The Lovely Bones

I had seen this movie for the first time a couple of years ago and I remember thinking it was absolutely magnificent. I loved everything about it; the setting, the look of the movie, and ESPECIALLY the fact that Stanley Tucci was the weird pedo-creepy neighbour.

This, I think, is the perfect telling of what happens to the survivors of people when they die. Thoughts are so fleeting sometimes and they can run from one thing to another very quickly, but after a tragedy, they always seem to always return to the sadness if just for a little while.

The times that Susie is watching is with each character are the times that they are thinking of her. That's why she flits from person to person and stays with them a certain amount of time. By the end of the book, she spends less and less time on Earth because her family and friends are finally starting to move on. It's all very beautiful when you think about it as well as being incredibly sad, but I guess that's the way life is sometimes.

I really enjoyed this book and I'm very glad that I read it because it explained some of the things that I really didn't understand in the movie (namely, the "heaven" scenes in the gazebo that just went over my head when I was watching it).

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment