Monday, February 1, 2016

2016 Reading: Clutter Control: Useful Tips for Getting Rid of the Mess

#13 A self-improvement book



I know that I really don't have a clutter problem AT THE MOMENT, but it's always nice to read about things to help in the future or other things that I could streamline and do more easily. However, considering this book came out over 20 years ago, I was seriously just laughing the whole time at most of the suggestions. One of the first things they told you to do was to clear off your typewriter table of all junk. There was also a whole chapter on how to store and label your VHS collection (I still have one, but I'm also weird) and also your record collection.

I don't agree with some of their methods of organization, but I guess that's up to individual. Though I keep a record of all my books and movies and HAVE sub categories in all of the descriptions, I don't like to arrange my books by subject. I find it easier to arrange them by author's last name and then by publication date after that. Of course comic books and certain graphic novels are put by themselves and there are certain books that I cannot fit onto my shelves and therefore do not fit into the system, but it's what works for me.

All in  all, this really didn't tell me anything I didn't already know but it was still a nice brisk read and I got a laugh out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment