Tuesday, February 23, 2016

2016 Reading: Diane Arbus

#40 A book that's guaranteed to bring you joy



I am so glad that I found this book in the system. I am a big fan of Diane Arbus's photography and I think her life story is so interesting. I first heard of her when I caught a strange movie (Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus) one night with Robert Downey Jr and Nicole Kidman. I thought to myself: "They made a movie together?! Why was I not informed of this?" I was fortunate enough to catch it from the very beginning and it was the best thing I have ever seen in my life. I am in love with that movie and it was made by the same people who made a few other movies that I really really enjoy and it introduced me to Diane Arbus.

She takes pictures that most would find odd or boring, but I find them beautiful and real. There's an introduction in the book where she talks about some of the adventures she's had and different things she likes to photograph. It was interesting and it definitely brought me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment