Friday, December 16, 2016

2016 Reading: The Kite Runner

#37 A book about a culture you're unfamiliar with


This book was fascinating. I had no idea what it was about going into it, but I am so glad that I got the chance to read it.The fact that it was set in Afghanistan really didn't have a bearing in the story at first, but then as time passed, events began to change the style of the story and the lives of the characters and it just blended it all so seamlessly that I could barely put this book down once I really got it started.

There were some tough subjects in this book, but they needed to be told because they are happening every day still and the message is that life can go on and be good again. Mistakes are made and regretted, but that doesn't mean life stops.

I don't know if I will have the heart to watch the movie of this, but I would definitely recommend the book to anyone who asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment