Friday, December 9, 2016

2016 Reading: The Tempest

#39 A book that takes place on an island


I was supposed to read this a few years ago for my Shakespeare Literature class, but I never did. I guess it just wasn't the right time for me. I watched the movie and gleaned everything I needed to know to pass the assignment from there so I didn't really worry about it.

For this challenge, I was going to read another Charles Dickens book and go with the whole "England is an island" thing, but after Oliver Twist, I decided I didn't want to read another of his books quite just yet. Maybe someday.

I don't know how some people say they don't understand Shakespeare. I guess I'm just used to it because I have read so much of it that the language doesn't bother me anymore. I have always loved Shakespeare. While this is a short and sweet play, it's not really one of my favorites. Everything ends too neatly for my taste. Everyone is happy in the end and that is just too easy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment