Sunday, February 26, 2017

2017 Reading: Gothic Art Now



I saw this book at the library and thought I would bring it home because I am STILL trying to read American Psycho and Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis and needed something to take my mind off of both of them.

This really wasn't something to be read, it was more of just a book of various art by different artists that fell into the gothic category. I thought that some of them were kind of boring and predictably over-done but there were a few that caught my eye. I'm not going to put up any of the pictures or anything, but if you get the chance, I do recommend looking up some of these artists and taking a look at their work.

Check out the photography of:
-John Santerineross
-Leslie Ann O'Dell
-Erland Mørk
-Jarno Lahti

Check out the sculptures of:
-Joachim Luetke
Christopher Conte
Oliver Wetter

Check out the digital paintings of:
-Christian Alzmann

Check out the Essdee scratch board drawings of:
-Patrick Arrasmith

Those were the ones that stood out to me as being very unique and eye-catching in this particular book. I might go and look at some of their other things that were not featured because I really enjoyed their technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment