Friday, February 3, 2017

2017 Reading: Push

#5 A book by a person of color



I don't know why I've never read this book before now. It's been sitting on my shelf for a few years and everyone raves about it and the movie Precious, but I just could never make myself pick it up until now.

Short read, but well worth it. While the language and spelling were VERY hard to get through, I found myself enjoying the book. I had an idea of what the book was about from all the reviews I've seen about the movie, but I had no idea of the extent to which it went.

All in all, I think it was a very challenging and inspiring book that I would not mind reading again, all things considered. Also, I think I might finally see the movie to see what everyone has been raving about.

No comments:

Post a Comment