Tuesday, November 28, 2017

2017 Reading: The Psychopath Test

#10 A book with a cat on the cover


This book was completely different than what I thought it was going to be. I don't really know what I had in mind, but this had a lot more to do with Scientology than I expected. I was not aware that Scientologists were very much opposed to the idea of psychiatrists and diagnosed mental disorders. It did, however provide some great insights into psychopathy.

I've read books on the subject before, but this one put all of that knowledge into perspective for me in terms of how many people identify as psychopathic and how many can be considered on the spectrum.

I was also happy to get the Hare Checklist. I honestly don't think that I would ever really look into the list to see if I could spot a psychopath in my everyday life. That's one of those things that I just don't need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment