Tuesday, November 21, 2017

2017 Reading: Ted Bundy: Conversations with a Killer

#2 A book that's been on your TBR list for way too long


I think at some point I read, like, a third of this book and then I put it down and just never picked it up again. I don't know why and it's been long enough that I don't remember a single thing about it so starting over from the beginning would not be that big of a deal AND it would finally get it off my TBR list. Yay!

Ha! It's funny, but what Ted says about religion is kind of what I feel about it as well:

"[...] I believe in a higher power or force, which is 
above and beyond, perhaps, even our comprehension. 
The gods of the religions around the world are real in that 
they represent something that a man reaches out for, 
that's larger and more powerful than he. Unfortunately, 
those who do not fully comprehend that power, attempt to 
create God in man's image and clothe it. Man's urges and 
desires and passions in God end up being, us, a personality. 
Which seems totally foreign to reality." (pg 207)


No comments:

Post a Comment