Monday, February 26, 2018

2018 Reading: A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

#7 A book set in a country that fascinates you


This was another one of those books that I was supposed to read in one of my college classes, but never actually finished it because at the time, I just could not get into the story. I couldn't focus on the plot or the characters because it was not what I wanted to be reading at that time. So I fudged my way through it and BSed my way through tests until it was over.

.... And now I remember why.

DEAR GOD, this book is boring! Is there a central plot that I am missing or something? One entire chapter was nothing but a church sermon!!! Am I supposed to be getting a moral out of this in any way? Because I got nothing. NOTHING.

And there's no real ending, either. He's just *POOF* off to become a hermit...

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment