Wednesday, June 13, 2018

2018 Reading: Mrs. Dalloway

#25 A book about feminism


Get thee behind me, Satan!!!

If there is one thing I hate, it is a long-running story with no plot. THIS! This is what I hate.

It switches perspective in the middle of a paragraph (paragraphs which can last for pages upon pages, by the way) and then follows someone else entirely who has nothing to do with the first person. It will flit back and forth between these people forever without anything actually happening! The characters are only linked in the smallest and least interesting way so when you get to the end and nothing has happened, it's all the more confusing and disappointing.

I have no idea what type of message I was supposed to receive from this book, feministic or otherwise. The only thing I am certain of is that I am glad I am done with this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment