Tuesday, June 12, 2018

2018 Reading: The Screwtape Letters

#46 An allegory


I really had no idea what this was about before I picked it up. I knew it had to do with religion, but I was unfamiliar with anything else about this book. I've never read anything by C.S. Lewis before, so I couldn't even get a comparison of writing styles between his books.

I found myself chuckling during most of it. The idea that there is a hierarchy in Hell as well as Heaven that employs lesser demons and imps to do menial tasks and hold down office type jobs is something that we never really think about, but is kind of funny to picture.

I like the message that no matter what, evil will find you. I know that's probably not the message I was SUPPOSED to get out of it, but it came through all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment