Monday, November 18, 2019

The Weight Is Lifted But Not Gone...

The weekend was spent in the midst of journal articles and research papers and my head is full of information about the extent of visually impaired materials offered at public libraries in other countries... But my first draft of the Capstone proposal for Research Methods (668) has been submitted and I aim to do nothing for the next two days but reflect...

...most likely on everything I know I did wrong. But, that's just how I roll.

Thinking about the statistics of materials and services for the visually impaired available at public libraries in Mississippi was never something that interested me before, but I find that I look for it now at every different library website I visit. It may not be something that affects me personally, but it certainly fascinates me. Which is a good thing, considering that is what I will be spending the majority of my final semester working on researching.

I've found a wonderful resource in the Mississippi Library Association website, who has graciously, whether they know it or not, done the hard part of my research for me by compiling all of the MS counties and their libraries into a comprehensive list along with main branch websites. It's like a one stop shop for my webometric research needs! They even went so far as to put them all into this handy-dandy regional chart for me! Isn't that nice of them?


No comments:

Post a Comment