Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 Reading: The Shining

#38 A novel based on a true story


I finally finished it! I think I really want to read more Stephen King this coming year. There is just something I like about it. His stuff is coming back into popularity with a vengeance lately and I recently realized that I have not read as much of his stuff as I would have liked and I would like to change that.

I enjoyed the book version of this (because of COURSE I've seen the Stanley Kubrick movie version) and now that I know how this one ends, I am very anxious to read Doctor Sleep to see how the story continues with Danny as a grown up.

I also like to discuss this story with my friend Tara sometimes (well, the movie, anyway). We talk about all the theories that fly around, especially from the Room 237 documentary and all of the different ideas that people have about the hotel and the reasons why Jack went insane and what or how the "shining" effects Danny and his parents and it was good to get to the source material so that I could have the original perspective to then about for the future.

This is the last book for the year, I didn't do too well for the PopSugar Reading Challenge, but I hop that I'll be able to catch up and do better next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment