Friday, May 22, 2020

2020 Reading: Seeing Red

#43 A book with a character with a vision impairment or enhancement (a nod to 20/20 vision)


This book was really unique. According to articles that I read about it, it's a semi-bio of what really happened to the author when the veins in her eyes burst and she lost her vision. It's written in a really unique way, as well. Like she was dictating to someone who didn't know when to start new paragraphs or capitalize, like she was talking to fast for them to type.

Most of the reviews I read said they thought it was hard to read and too dark, but I thought it flowed quite well and since it's this narrative of a dark subject (no pun intended) I think it's perfectly written. I especially love the openness and horror of the ending.

This was an amazing book.

No comments:

Post a Comment