Tuesday, June 3, 2014

2014 Reading: Down A Dark Hall

I think this is going to be my last Lois Duncan book for a while. I have too much other stuff to read. Plus, they are so short, I kinda want to space them out a bit so I don't read them all at once. Three at a time is enough, right?

Typical ghost story, I guess. I'll tell you, though, if I noticed some of the things that the main character was noticing, I sure as fuck would not have waited as long as she did to confront someone about them. Fuck that noise. I would have been the one demanding answers and then finding a way to climb over the fences to get to a phone.

In many ways, I like the way this book left off: abruptly but with hope for the outcome of the characters, but another part of me wanted to see her confront her parents in "HA! I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!" way. Also to see what ever became of her and the quote-unquote romantic interest in the story. Sure he was part of the evil scheme from the beginning, but he had no idea and I think he really cared about her. Sort of. Eventually.

Yeah, I think I'm going to move on to other things a while. These books are goo for a very short read so they get my numbers up for the year, but I'm ready again for some of the more in depth stuff. Maybe I'll start another series or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment