Monday, December 29, 2014

2014 Reading: Crackpot

The full title of this book (aptly so, I might add) is Crackpot: The Obsessions of John Waters.

I loved this book because it made me feel better about the little things in my life that I take joy in. Like office supplies, serial killers, and Schadenfreude.

Rather than being a comprehensive story, this book is actually just different sections where John talks about different things: growing up in Baltimore, how much he loves shitty film, and how he thinks tabloids are the only papers worth reading.

It was nice to get a little incite into his brain. Yu can find the inspiration for some of his movies in the stories that he chooses to tell, like Hairspray and Cecil B. Demented. He also encourages people to just go nuts and do whatever the fuck you want, because then at least you're not just wasting away into nothing.

According to John, it's better to dead than be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment