Tuesday, December 16, 2014

2014 Reading: Flowers in the Attic

I started this book one day while I was visiting my sister and instead of being outside at the park, I went into the library next door to chill. I picked up this book at random and the next thing I knew, I was over 50 pages in. I had other things to read before I could really start anything else, so I put the book back, but now that I am done with the hard stuff, I can go back and have a little fun with it.

I've never seen the movies or anything, but I still kind of knew what the story was about before I began reading.

Wow, just wow. I don't know how much else there is to say about it. I'm now anxious to read the other books in the series and I think I will.

It makes you wonder what a life shut up in an atti would be like. These kids made the best of what they had, but how long could that possibly last without sending someone into madness? Or sin? (I don't really care much for calling it that, but with the contents of the book, it just felt like the right word.)

I would have gone to the police. Screw having her feel guilty for losing her children, I'd rather she felt guilty for trying to kill those children just to get money. Go to the cops and she loses the money, AND goes to jail and she can feel guilty there. She may have been your mother, but she turned her back on you long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment