Thursday, March 10, 2016

2016 Reading: Dad is Fat

#28 A book written by a comedian



I love Jim Gaffigan. I remember watching his half hour comedy special on Comedy Central and thinking that he was hilarious. Fast forward a bunch of years and he's gotten more comedy specials and he's in movies and TV shows and I still think he is so damned funny.

This book isn't really a story or anything. It's mainly a series of short essays that are all centered around his life and kids. It's pretty funny and he puts most of the jokes that he tells in his specials into writing for the essays (or it might even be the other way around, I don't know).

He has this dry wit that I find amusing and his writing is exactly the same as his speaking voice.

The guy has five kids! FIVE!

Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment