Monday, August 15, 2016

2016 Reading: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child


I had no idea what to expect from this because even though I work in a library, I had no idea it existed until my mother mentioned it.

I like the idea of a Potter going into Slytherin. I like that idea a lot, especially since Harry was originally supposed to go into Slytherin. I also like the thought of his becoming good friends with Draco's son. (Yes, I like the idea because I totally shipped Drarry and I am not sorry for it.)

At first, I had no idea what was going on, I had no idea it was a play, I didn't know where it was going... By the end of it, I was kind of... not changed.

I don't know how else to put it. By the end of the original series, I felt like my life had changed (as lame as that sounds), and then I read the epilogue and wanted to vomit all over the book.... But, that's another story. At the end of this book, I didn't really feel anything. It was just a thing that happened and it seemed to not effect me emotionally at all. My mom asked me how I liked it and my only response was, "Well, that certainly was a book."

I don't know. Maybe I'm jaded by Harry Potter's past.

(However, I ship Albus/Scorpius now. So, that's something.)

No comments:

Post a Comment