Friday, August 19, 2016

2016 Reading: Lamb

#21 A book recommended by a family member



Now, I hate talking about religion. It's one of those things that I don't think people should do. Like, I have no problem with religion itself, but if you believe in something, more power to you, just shut up about it. I don't care what you believe, just don't bother me with it. Having said that, I was reluctant to read this, but my sister insisted that I would enjoy it so I went ahead and started it.

I did, in fact, enjoy this book. I thought it was hilarious as well as being real. Reading the bible, everyone seems to be this worldly scholar with perfect grammar and no discernible emotions, but this book paints there characters as real people (and if you are the religious, it can make them more relatable rather than some untouchable entity that you must strive to be like.)

There were parts that made me laugh out loud and I love the character of Biff. Biff is us. He is all of us who are inherently good, but don't always strictly follow the rules. He means well and he has the kind of street smarts that you can always count on in a pinch. I like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment