Thursday, August 25, 2016

2016 Reading: The Help

#5 A book set in your home state


Living in Mississippi is more than I can handle on a good day, so reading about it is something that I have no interest in whatsoever. I just, kind of, passed this book/movie by and never sat down with it. Until now.

I was familiar with the concept, so I knew what I was getting into. It amazes me how stupid people can be. I know that it was a different time blah blah blah but still. People are idiots. And that goes for today, too.

I think I want to watch the movie, but part of me still wants to avoid it. I don't know why. Maybe it's the way it ended, maybe it's the pie thing, maybe it's the horrible accents I know people are going to have...

Whatever the reason, I may or may not watch the movie. Until then, on to the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment