Tuesday, September 6, 2016

2016 Reading: The First True Lie

#14 A book you can finish in a day


I saw this book on the shelf and it was small, but when I read the back... Holy shit.

This kid is amazing and sad and so smart... The whole time, I kept forgetting how old he was because his tone and language made him seem older. I mean, he survived two whole weeks... I definitely could not do that.

It's one thing to deal with death when there are other people around to help you, but this kid was so used to being alone, so used to fending for himself even at such a young age, that he just kept going as if nothing was wrong while his mother's body just rotted away in the bedroom. School, cooking, shopping, clothes... All because no one could know or they would take him to an orphanage.

I would recommend this book to everyone to read at least once because this was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment