Friday, September 9, 2016

2016 Reading: This Is A Book


Demetri Martin is one of those comedians who don't really tell "jokes." They just kind of talk slowly and state obvious things, yet somehow you can't help but laugh at everything that comes out of his mouth. Much like Mitch Hedberg but with way less drugs.

This is a collection of little Demetri-isms that would definitely be present in his comedy specials or even his short lived TV show. I found one particular little short story very amusing:

Mary Brown was a shy woman, who spoke little and rarely made
eye contact with anyone.  She lived in a small yellow house at the
end of Maple Street, which was where she made her jam and kept
her sex slaves. (p. 113)

To which I promptly texted my friend with the caption, "Hey, Demetri Martin wrote a short story about me!" To which she replied, "Omg yes"

This was a fun, quick little book that made me smile. Now on to more of the challenge list.

No comments:

Post a Comment