Monday, March 27, 2017

2017 Reading: Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis

#42 A bestseller from 2016


Yeah, this one took me forever to read, mainly because I just wasn't interested and couldn't make myself pick it up.

So, yeah...


All of this seems very odd coming from the person that left the world of vampire fiction because she "found religion." It seems as though she found it and then ultimately did not like what she found. That is the only reasoning I can find for some of the ideas of religion(s) that she has presented in this book.

Now, I am not a religious person, never have been, but I have read a lot and learned of numerous religions in my time (because I was curious at some point to see if any religion "felt" right for me. Spoiler alert: they did not). I've never heard anything quite like this before, but it does pose some interesting theories as well as questions.

I also would like to say that I kind of wish she would just go back to writing about vampires whining about losing their "beloved" or whatever like she used to, but I know that is probably never going to happen again. Ah, the good old days...

If another one comes out in this series, I'm going to read it, no question. But, I defintely won't be as excited as I used to be about them. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment