Thursday, March 30, 2017

2017 Reading: Uncle Tom's Cabin

#31 A book where the main character is of a different ethnicity than you


You keep hearing things about this book and about how it is a classic and stuff like that. I see why.

It was written very well, often times, even a little TOO advanced, but the story was a good one which ended surprisingly different than I was expecting.

I don't know how people can have so much faith in their religion in the face of so much hardship. I have never believed in ANYTHING that strongly and I don;t think I am likely to in the rest of my life. On the one hand, it must be great to only think about that one thing, no matter what. On the other, you miss so much more going on around you because of it. That's the price of faith, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment