Tuesday, August 22, 2017

2017 Reading: Hannibal

#45 A book about an immigrant or refugee


I love this book. I think the one thing I liked the best about it was that it was able to surprise me with the ending. I had only seen the movies before and all the other ones have been very true to the story, but this one was just a bit different. All I had ever known was the movie ending so when this one ended, it was a PLEASANT surprise.

I this makes for a much better ending for Clarice and Hannibal.

Also, I like that we get to see into some of the weakness of Hannibal in this. I know that in the prequel, we go into even more detail, but in the books before this, you get this image of Hannibal that hardly seems human because you lack a story. To know a little bit more about what makes him the way he is, what he has gone through in his life before we meet him in Red Dragon, is so interesting and just seems to whet the appetite (HAH, see what I did there?) to know even more and I think that gets everyone ready for the next book which just so happens to be his origin story.

No comments:

Post a Comment