Wednesday, August 9, 2017

2017 Reading: The Hobbit

#7 A book that is a story within a story


I don't get it. I honestly do not get the appeal of this book. It was short and dry, with little to no descriptions... The characters were flat and/or non-existent... How did they make 3 movies out of this?!

I am not a fantasy person, I have never claimed to be. If this were the first book I picked up in the genre (as it was for most people) I would have never picked up another fantasy book again because I got nothing out of it. I like my books to pique my imagination and paint pictures of the action in my head, but this book did nothing. And then it was over.

I've also never seen the movies (see: not into fantasy) but I have seen enough to know that they had to just make shit up for most of it because there is NOTHING to work off of in this book.

Good on you if this is your thing, but I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment