Friday, September 8, 2017

2017 Reading: Labor Day

#38 A book set around a holiday other than Christmas


I honestly don't know what to say about this book. On one side, I thought this was an epic love story for the ages with chance meetings and instant connections with whimsy and feel good vibes. On the other side, OMG no. So much about this was wrong and weird. But then again... I don't know. I'm not one who really believes in the whole love at first sight thing, so maybe I'm just biased. I do know, however, that by the end, I was very happy that they found each other again, so maybe that says something about me.

I was not very happy with the lack of quotation for dialogue. That got very confusing very quickly.

But hey! Now I can watch the movie. Mmmm, Josh Brolin...

No comments:

Post a Comment