Monday, September 18, 2017

2017 Reading: Obedience to Authority

 #40 A book you bought on a trip


"Nothing is more dangerous to human survival than malevolent authority combined with the dehumanizing effects of buffers." (p 157)

I saw this movie about a year ago and I immediately (though, admittedly in a very inebriated state) bought the book and decided to read it. It is FASCINATING!

It really makes you think about the role that authority plays in our everyday lives. There is this section where they talk about the autonomous state and the agentic state and it just blew my mind to think of how much out brain adjusts to society as we are immersed in it.

Even if you have no idea what I am talking about and have no knowledge of psychology, I recommend at least watching the movie "The Experimenter." It was SO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment