Wednesday, December 27, 2017

2017 Reading: Wicked Witches

#25 A book you loved as a child


Okay, this is one of those books that I randomly thought of about a year ago and I could remember little bits of one part, but I didn't know the name of the book, the name of the story, the characters, the author. I know NOTHING. But I remembered the stupidest little details: the fact that it had a blue cover (dear God, help me) and one part where it talked about a witch having really red eyes because she would work by candle light late into the night. And that was IT.

It took almost an entire YEAR, but I finally tracked it down. I did everything I could think of! I went to lost book sites, discussion boards for librarians about older books, I asked every single one of my librarian coworkers, I googled the google out of google in every possible pattern I could think with what little info I could remember until one day I finally stumbled upon the cover.

And you know what I did? I immediately bought the damned book so that I could show everyone that I was NOT crazy and the book actually DID exist!

I must have made my mother read this book to me a million times because I loved it so much and pictures were amazing and a little frightening now that I look back on them...

No comments:

Post a Comment