Monday, May 7, 2018

2018 Reading: The Color of Magic

#17 A book set on a different planet


I've already mentioned that Fantasy is not really my cup of tea when it comes to books, but I have to admit, this one struck me as something that I might be able to continue on with because it reminds me heavily of things like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Utterly confusing but also very intriguing.

I will admit that Terry Pratchett has the type of sense of humor that I like, usually very dry and indirect. The characters, at least some of them, are hilarious (especially Death) and even though I can get very confused sometimes, I like the way he describes things. He uses familiar things to base descriptions on rather than trying to describe strictly by sight which, I admit, just makes my brain hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment