Monday, July 9, 2018

2018 Reading: The Girl Who Played With Fire

#5 Nordic noir


I found this book much easier to read than the first one. I think it was the fact that there wan't a giant family tree of Swedish names that I practically had to memorize so that I would understand what was going on.

I think the story for this one was fascinating as well. You got a little closer look into the life of Lisbeth and some of her motivations. I might go back and watch the movie for this one, as well. I watched the original Swedish movie for the first book (I might have already mentioned that) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm anxious to see how this will play out. I don't really know about the books that were published by someone else after the author's death, but they are already making a movie out of one of them so I might see about giving them a shot, but I don't hold out much hope for them being as good as the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment