Monday, July 30, 2018

2018 Reading: Maurice

#1 A book made into a movie you've already seen


I watched this movie years ago. I think it was when I was on my Rupert Graves kick at the time and I simply loved the story. I already owned a book that had three different E.M. Forster's stories in one volume from college when I was supposed to read Howard's End (but never did) and earlier last year when I read A Room with a View.

I'm glad I read the book. I remember when watching the movie that I felt a great hatred of Clive for his actions. I know that some things cannot be helped, but I just remember not liking him for some of the things he said to Maurice. I know that there is more explanation in the book, so I can now say that I do, in fact, hate him.

I find it so odd that something that has been done (though not talked about) in the world for hundreds of hears is STILL to this day a problem for some people. It really doesn't hurt anyone and the only thing you get from this kind of oppression is unhappy marriages and miserable lives.

But that's another argument for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment