Tuesday, November 3, 2015

2015 Reading: Hidden

I don't really know what made me put this book on my list but I'm glad I did. I have no idea why I like books about young people struggling with their sexual identity and coming to terms with prejudice and first loves, but boy do I.

The first person narrative of this book was very entertaining, I feel. The thought process of the young man while he's going through these very hard times (being sent to a facility to "fix" him, homophobic parents, being all alone on the run to save his own sanity) is incredibly funny yet still shows the heartbreak of everything.

It ends on the biggest cliffhanger in the world and I am kind of both happy and sad about that. I want to know if he finds his mother. I need to know if he saves his boyfriend from being sent back to that horrible hospital with its rapist orderlies and painful, illegal medical procedures. Ugh, I need to know more.

There was one of those little sections in that back where they give discussion topics about the book and ask the author questions and he said that there was no plans to make another book in the story but I really wish that he would.

Now that I have finished that and returned all my previous books to the library, it's time for me to really crack down on trying to read books from my own collection. I've got a lot of unread books on my shelf and I'm going to start working on them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment