Tuesday, November 17, 2015

2015 Reading: The Nursing Home Murder

In an effort to read more of the books that I actually own rather than piling up book after book from the library, I decided to finish this book (because it's part of an omnibus). I am still very much enjoying this series, and it even inspired me to entertain the notion of perhaps getting into other British mystery books (maybe Agatha Christie will be next).

The one thing that I have to really say about these books, other than how witty they are (in a very dry sense) and that when I read them I mentally have Benedict Cumberbatch's voice narrating in my head. So, that's a plus.

The plots for these books are pretty much the same, there's a murder and Chief Detective Inspector Alleyn interviews that various characters who all have their quirks and then at the very end, he saves the day and solves the mystery, the end. Not much in the way of substance and each book doesn't really read into the next with a discernible over arching plot, but it's a good filler between books.

No comments:

Post a Comment