Thursday, November 26, 2015

2015 Reading: The Book of David

FINALLY! An anonymous book that doesn't end in the main character dying!!!! The whole time I was reading this book I kept waiting for something to happen. Maybe his father would beat him to death, maybe his football friend would, maybe he would commit suicide because he just couldn't handle having to hide anymore. But at last, a happy ending for one of these journal-type books.

I really enjoy this series of books and I wish there were more. I know that when I started with Go Ask Alice oh so many years ago, it was really what got me started with my love of books about teenager drug addicts. I don't really know what that says about me as a person, but I don't really care either. They are quick and easy to read, but they also have that something extra. I don't usually like diary type books, but they don't really read like most of the others, either.

This makes number 30 of the year, which is not exactly what I hoped for, but I've been really lazy this year. On to the next one, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment