Wednesday, November 18, 2015

2015 Reading: Letting Ana Go

I don't know what it is, but I LOVE books about teen angst (especially surrounded by drugs for some reason). These Anonymous diary-style books are so entertaining without taking up much time in my reading schedule.

THIS ONE, however, really started to piss me off. The subject of anorexia is something that I am not familiar with personally (and if you look at me, you'll KNOW that's true) but it's something that I've thought about quite a bit (not to try it, but just as a subject of intrigue and concern). I just don't get it. I understand looking in the mirror and not liking what you see. I do it all the time. But to begin to see ribs and various other bones poking out, hollowed cheeks, and sunken eyes and STILL manage to have the mindset that you are fat is just mind-boggling to me.

Not to mention that the main character of the book started out at a whopping 128... If I LOST 128 lbs. I would STILL be overweight for my age, height, and bone structure. And she wanted to lost MORE?!

Seriously. Mind-boggling.

I had to get a big bowl of ice cream after I finished reading this book.

And I enjoyed every single bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment