Thursday, July 21, 2016

2016 Reading: The Canterbury Tales

#6 A book translated to English


Okay, so it was technically translate from OLD English into NEW English, but damnit, I think that should count for something.

I have read bits and pieces of this book over the years for various English Literature classes, but I had never actually sat down to read the book in its entirety. I've had it on the shelf for a while and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to finally sit down with it.

It was a mish-mash of different things, as you would expect. Some tales were hilarious (Miller's Tale), some were sad (Physician's Tale), some were overly religious (Second Nun's Tale), and some were meh.

I'm mostly sad that Chaucer didn't tell what happened once everyone had finally reach Canterbury and find out who the Host picked to win the contest. But, nothing to be done for it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment