Saturday, July 23, 2016

2016 Reading: The Good Neighbor

#32 The first book you see in a bookstore


I walked into the bookstore with my eyes closed. I know that sounds like a mad idea, but I didn't want the first book I saw to be some random politic crap that usually resides by the from door of Barnes & Noble. I kept my head down and only looked at the carpet until I knew I was safe in the regular fiction section and THEN I raised my head and this was the first thing I saw.

I suppose it was a good story, not really my thing but at least it was a quick read. Typical chick-lit stuff. Woman trying to get over her ex, kid in the picture, meeting new people through friends, big secrets kept and a reveal at the end that makes everything okay once her friends forgive her and yay, new love interest.

I wanted to get this one over with so that I could move on the bigger and better things. And so I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment