Friday, April 14, 2017

2017 Reading: The Jane Austen Book Club

#12 A bestseller from a genre you don't normally read


This book just wasn't my cup of tea. There's usually a reason that I never really read this genre. It just doesn't interest me.I mean, there were parts of the book that were a little interesting, but on the whole, I just really wasn't that into it.

I like Jane Austen's work, but this book just didn't pan out for me. The lives of the characters (some of them, not all) were okay and might have been nice to have learned more. But everything felt rushed (because the chapters only spanned a few days and took place months apart at times).

 I could never tell who was the one speaking. It was in first person sometimes, but I never knew who that person was because it seemed like everyone was already accounted for! Who is this mystery POV?

Oh, well. On to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment