Friday, April 14, 2017

2017 Reading: Murder on the Orient Express

#37 A book that's becoming a movie in 2017


I watched this movie many many years ago (because Sean Connery) so when I heard that they were making remaking it this year with Kenneth Branagh directing and starring, I thought it was time I read the actual story.

It amazed me the conclusions that Poirot leapt to when interviewing everyone on the train. Simply amazing. I don't think anyone, past or present, could have come up with such conclusions. I also think that in this situation, no one would have been indicted because it is just so far fetched that 13 separate people could mastermind this whole thing YEARS in advance. They would have all gotten off scot-free anyway. (Yeah, like that episode of CSI in the plane. I remember that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment